August 6, 2009

big boobs & belly touchers

Only 4 months into my pregnancy and I am definitely one round lady. I’m sure the fact that my torso is only 6 inches long doesn’t help in that department. I have nowhere to go but OUT. Target had become my go-to shop for maternity clothes…all that is stretchy, twisty, soft, and expandable. It’s great! I finally have a few outfits that I feel good in. It was about time I stopped wearing the same 2 articles of clothing for 3 weeks straight- the only outfit that didn’t have a button or zipper digging into my belly button. Now, even though it’s just a few tops, a few bottoms, and a few dresses- I feel pretty set for the seasons.

Now, I’m on to the “finding a new bra that fits” phase. Because my boobs are huge! Aside from the lovely compliments that Jonathan gives me every once in a while, (what man doesn’t appreciate big boobs?) they’ve actually become quite a nuisance. I feel like I’m wearing a bra 2 cup sizes too small, with nowhere near the necessary support. It’s one of those non-fun purchases…kinda like shopping for closet organizers—they make your life so much easier, but nobody ever sees them.

And then there are the belly-touchers. I don’t know what makes people think they can come up to you and touch your belly just because it’s protruding. Complete strangers! Yes, thank you for noticing that my belly is sticking out and that you think it’s cute. It’s not so cute when it makes you get up to pee five times a night. Just please, don’t touch me—especially if I don’t know you.

These last couple of weeks have actually been pretty good though. The nausea has worn off, skin has cleared up a bit, and I have much more energy. The energy has been quite needed too with us moving into the new house. Brick by brick…I’m building my nest. One room painted…and 10 more ta go!

3 comments:

Two Job Mama said...

The bra buying is the worst - you have NO idea what giant size you need, they cost a lot for something that you'll probably only wear for a few months and the bigger they get the uglier they look. But man, when you finally get one on that fits it is SUCH a relief!

I can never bring myself to say anything to the belly touchers, even though it's totally rude and inappropriate. But people cannot resist, can they? I guess some of us have stronger boundaries than others....

Mac and Starr said...

Great...now you just need to post some new belly pics!

RK CLOTHING DESIGNS said...

hanks for post. It’s really informative stuff.
I really like to read.Hope to learn a lot and have a nice experience here! my best regards guys!SEO rajasthan--SEO rajasthan