September 16, 2015

memories in color.

Each year I organize an online photo book for each child as a sort of year-in-review gallery of memories. I order 2 sets of each book - one for the kids baby box and one for me. My hope is that eventually each child will have a box set of 18 books that highlight each year of their own life. I have visions of finding the perfectly-sized leather bound box to house each of these finished volumes. I use MyPublisher, which has been super easy, and I just love the quality. Your account also saves all of your projects, so you can re-order books at any time (even years later) should pages rip or such.

While it has turned into a big undertaking, I hope that the finished collections will speak volumes about the kind of childhood they had.

Every once in a while, the kids love to take out their books and will spend a whole hour chatting to each other about fun holidays and exciting birthday parties and memorable vacations. I love listening to them reminisce in their baby voices, and in their child-like recollection of memories:

"Look! Christian. Here you are on your yellow pony. Remember his name was Starbucks?"

"Oh-- Avery. Look! Here you are when you were so nice to me and we were jumping into the pool so many times like until it was dark in the middle of the night. But, remember - I didn't get scared?"

Memories make up a life spent together - hopefully with as many good times as possible. I find myself overly concerned with capturing all of these in a very special place. They define our family and remind us all of our oh-so-many blessings.






No comments: